BELONG has a range of FREE workshops and training sessions available. We provide training for parents, practitioners working with children and young people including school and community professionals. To discuss your specific training needs please get in touch.
1. BULLYING & RACIAL BULLYING
FOR PARENTS (2hrs or all day)
Practical advice and relevant information on all aspects of bullying delivered to meet the needs of the group. Topics include:
- Defining bullying – including racial bullying
- Indicators of bullying
- How to prevent bullying
- Role and responsibility of the NI education system
- How & where to get help with bullying
FOR PRACTIONERS WORKING WITH CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE (2hrs or all day)
Facilitated from a rights based perspective, sessions will cover the following key areas through interactive and discussion based activities:
- Defining and understanding bullying behaviour
- Racial bullying
- Legislation and policy – N. Ireland Context
- Effective responses to bullying behaviour
All training is FREE of charge
To discuss your training needs please contact: Joanne Donnelly, Anti – Bullying Programme Officer on 07703686890 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. CULTURAL COMPETENCE TRAINING (Approx 2 hrs)
Outcomes of training
After session participants will be able to:
- Describe what cultural competency means.
- Identify and challenge your own attitudes.
- Have a greater understanding of why cultural competency is important within the workplace, schools and the wider community. After this session participants should:
- Outcomes of training
3. CREATING A WELCOMING AND INCLUSIVE SPACE (Approx 1 day)
- Have a greater understanding of culture and ethnicity
- Be able to identify barriers and challenges to including children and young people from diverse backgrounds
- Have an opportunity to challenge their own attitudes towards those from diverse backgrounds
- Be able to identify practical strategies for creating a welcoming and inclusive environment in their work setting.
For more information on training, contact Corinne Jordan, BELONG T: 028 302 63913 / 07803146090 E: email@example.com